Sunday 28 March 2010

You leave the patch for five minutes and.....


three Whooper Swans drop in. Not yet on the 2010 list and uncommon at Prestwick Carr in the latter part of the year so may have missed out. Not only that..Bill thought he had a Long eared Owl mobbing the Barn Owl last night minutes after I had headed off in the other direction to get a better camera angle. Bugger! I shall console myself with the memories of the Black Redstart at Druridge which is where I was when the Whoopers were about. A record shot to remind me but if you want real photos of this lovely bird try Birding Sometimes or another bird at Newton Stringer.

Reasonable count on Saturday of 44 types including a flock of 55 Fieldfare and six Buzzard over the wood . Even managed to get five in the same frame. I think they must have been watching the Red Kites over the valley.


Then yesterday afternoon headed off on one of my favourite roads between the A68 at Colt Crag and A696 at Kirkwhelpington picking up my target species for the trip, four Wheatear and some very confiding Skylarks of which I took lots of pics which were all rubbish due to either the birds moving or the wind, which I seem to have been bemoaning all weekend, in fact, ever since I couldn't get steady scope on the Black Redstart.

No comments:

Post a Comment