Thursday 20 May 2010

Summer must be here

No not because the Swallows are about but I'm up to my neck in work and gazing longingly at the sunshine outside. Took some time out at the back window where a pair of Starlings are feeding a nest in the eaves above. One of the pair has a withered leg but it doesn't seem to have any effect on performance as the young get a mouthful every three - four minutes or so. I get roundly chastised for being near the nest of course but they wait in the tree or approach from the other side of the house.


A Blackbird stopped off on the roof briefly and his plumage was looking a bit tatty but he was too busy to worry about an unhappy snapper and just gave me a glance.
Only five more hours of torment to endure today......... maybe I'll take tomorrow off, that should ensure the garden gets watered.

No comments:

Post a Comment