Saturday 16 July 2011

Vive le Emperor



Friday lunchtime in sunny conditions and two Emperors flying at Banks Pond along with three Four spotted Chasers and two Common Darters. Loads of Damsels in loving embraces and notable numbers of Shaded Broad Bar moths.




Speaking of moths I found this on my front door step as I emerged that morning. Searching dots, eyes and spots has only confused me and the closest match is Flame shouldered but the eyes don't look right so any help would be appreciated.



Some other fly by's from earlier in the week at Druridge.




The startled look on the Herons face was because a Common Tern was having a go at it.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice shot of the Emperor Peter, I think the Moth could be a Sponge Bob Squarepants :)
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you confirm that in Latin please Brian

    ReplyDelete