Tuesday 10 April 2012

Only just ticking

A weekend hampered by work, weather and wrelatives plus a total lack of any migrants has left me needing some electro cardio shock treatment to get going. I must have worked Friday because I can't remember it. My count on Saturday turned up a calling Green Woodpecker in the wood and a Moorhen at Banks Pond leaving me on a splendidly comfortable 69 for the year. None of the expected Martins, Warblers and Swallows but a large flock of 150+ Fieldfare gathered up the range track and the Golden Plover flock in the horses field continues to grow.

Saturday evening saw one - two Owls flying and Sunday the Shrike remained hunting bees in quite spectacular fashion but I was spitting blood at Birdguides on Sunday after my webs count with a day late report of an Osprey through. Must be the fourth I've missed in the last two years.

Monday again lost to work with those running a job in Scotland reminding me that they don't have a Bank Holiday with a number of phone calls. Now seriously distracted I started sorting my Grandads stamp collection again. An interesting if Herculean task but with the weather set to grim, as good as anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment