Wednesday 23 May 2012

I could be so happy

Two days of sun and what a diference. The sky is full of screaming Swifts. Tonight two Pipistrelles fed behind my house as the new moon grew in the north west along with Venus. The Blue Tits have taken advantage of  a bounty of green caterpillars and are feeding their young once a minute! The sun set to a chiaroscuro horizon. Perfect if I didn't have to wake up to the same shit I dealt with today............. tomorrrow.
On the Carr the larder was full of tasty morsels. Three or more Whimbrel remain. The first time I've known them to do so and they are behaving the same as the Curlew so possibly a breeding attempt may be the result. Whitethroat, Willows and Sedgies in abundance but Grasshoppers low possibly due to the recent flooding. At least three Blackcap territories up the range bridleway and a similar number of displaying Snipe.
Ducks and Oystercatcher still present and I just caught this Mallard + 9 crossing the range bridleway. Butterflies for the first time in abundance this year with my first Wall Brown, numerous Orange Tip plus Peacock, Small White and Small Tortoiseshell to boot.

1 comment:

  1. Good news about the Whimbrels, although I didn't see them at the weekend when I was up there. Have a day off tomorrow so might get up there for a swift visit tomorrow

    John

    ReplyDelete