Monday 4 June 2012

Back to the start

First task of the week to get back on line. Computer and associated bits dis-connected and re-assembled in the bedroom. It seemed a good idea 20 years ago to ask the telephone engineer to install the master socket in the bedroom rather than lounge so that I could distribute extensions seamlessly throughout the house. Now that telephones are all wireless and the one place I need a good connection is the computer, its all a bit of a hassle. Here I am kneeling by my bed as if praying to the great god Int'net. Anyway looks like I've found the problem in the shape of a loose orange and white wire. Reminds me of a joke......Kenny Rogers walking down Hollywood Boulevard when he trips and falls into the ample bosom of Ms Parton upon which he was heard to sing....'you picked a fine time to leave me loose heel'
As you see, I managed to catch up with the Redstart who posed nicely if a little backlit
Now to fix that wire, replace said computer in its desired location and muck out the house now I've disturbed all this dust!

1 comment:

  1. Nice pics of the Redstart, Peter. That must be the same one HFD went to look for. We went to Black Middens yesterday to look for them there but didn't see any - had a nice walk though.

    ReplyDelete