Wednesday 19 August 2015

On the path

The road of work took me south to that land where red replaces black on the background of white. I had an hour to spare on the journey so stopped off at Whitburn with the hope of a hoard of twitchers indicating a rare migrant being present. A walk along the coast path to the observatory found little but people so I headed in to the country park behind the hide and there on the gravel path in front of me an unmistakable silhouette. Wryneck, my bogey bird till recently and self found at that. Shame it wasn't en patch. A picture was snatched before it headed into the undergrowth returning to the path further down before I had to bid it farewell.
At Brenkley this morning more off patch waders with 5 Ruff and 3 Dunlin adding to 2 Little Ringed Plover and a Tree Pipit GB told me had been there earlier. Now what excuse can I use to extend Prestwick Carr 1km east? Flooding would be the solution but if that were the case Newcastle would be Waterworld (Happy 20th Anniversary Kevin)

No comments:

Post a Comment